Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Montecristo Magazine



I recently did this for an article in an upcoming issue of Montecristo magazine, and let me tell you, it was a tough go. I'm quite happy with the final, but I had a very hard time coming up with it.

The article in question is about the Human Security Report Project: A SFU based think tank that analyses the changing statistics in organized violence throughout the world. Very interesting stuff, actually. The study has found that the number of armed conflicts around the world has decreased in recent years and that, despite what most of us think, the world is safer now than it was in the 1950's.

The art director mentioned that he liked the anthropomorphic approach I've taken in some of my images and asked if I could come up with something in a similar vein for this one. Long story short, it was a real challenge coming up with a single image of a human-like character that represents the fact that worldwide peace is more prevalent now than one would think.

I usually go for a short walk when I need to come up with an idea.

I took a lot of walks.

This one stressed me out, but I'm glad for the experience. Hey, if you're not challenging yourself, you're redundant. In the end, I'm happy with the image I made and I really appreciate that the art director (inadvertently) put me in such a pickle.

Thanks a million to Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment