Tuesday, May 24, 2011

True West



A poster I recently finished for Vancouver's Main Street Theatre Company. Their next production is Sam Shepard's True West, an amazing piece of theatre. Truly tense and disturbing.


This is the fourth poster I've done for the company and, I'll admit, it was the first time I've actually read one of the plays. I usually base the image off of a brief synopsis (although I did watch the film version of American Buffalo).


I now realize how much I've missed in each play previous to this one. I read the first line of True West (a description of the character's costumes) and I began scribbling notes in my sketchbook. Every page offered a new interpretation of the work! Slight nuances in speech, descriptions of sounds, interactions between characters...


Anyways, I'm really happy with how it turned out

Thanks again to Ryan, Daryl, Josh and Stephen.

No comments:

Post a Comment